If you have hard water, there’s a good chance your shower head is covered in mineral deposits. Not only is this unsightly, it can also impede water flow and decrease the amount of pressure coming out of your shower head. That’s why it’s important to clean your shower head regularly, and we’re here to show you how!
Keeping Your Shower Head Squeaky Clean
Tools and Materials Needed:
- Baking soda
- Old toothbrush or other soft-bristled brush
- Rubber band
- Fill a bowl or cup with equal parts vinegar and water. You’ll need enough to submerge the shower head.
- Place the shower head in the bowl or cup and let it soak for at least 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make a paste out of baking soda and water.
- After the shower head has soaked, use the old toothbrush or other brush to scrub away any loosened deposits.
- Rinse the shower head with water and then apply the baking soda paste to any remaining deposits. Let it sit for 10 minutes before rinsing again.
- Finally, use a rubber band to secure a towel around the shower head (so that vinegar or baking soda doesn’t drip down onto surfaces you don’t want to clean) and give it a final rinse with water. And that’s it! A clean shower head means better water pressure and a more pleasant showering experience overall.
In addition to keeping your shower head clean, it’s always nice to have a bathroom that you love spending time in. Call us at 443-331-4318 or submit a form for a free quote to get started on your next bathroom remodel with GoodLife Home Renovations LLC 1 Day Bath. We’re always ready to turn your bathroom dreams into reality!